The Offside Rule is currently recruiting volunteers for our sub-editor team.
We’re interested in all things football, no matter ‘the where’, ‘the when’, or ‘the who’. Your voice and your perspectives are what we care about. So no matter where you live or where your football allegiances lie we want to hear from you.
As well as asking applicants to have enthusiasm, talent and some experience, The Offside Rule is committed to promoting individuals of diverse ethnic origin. We actively encourage people who identify either wholly or partially as a woman, or non-binary person (regardless of the gender you were assigned at birth).
What you will get from us
- industry experience working with a global award-winning football brand
- inclusion of your name and personal social media account on our “Who We Are” page
- membership to a fun-loving and hard-working team akin to a professional editorial/newsroom setup and who are focused on ensuring everyone’s success
What we need from you
- subbing experience essential (and interest in developing sport subbing skills)
- must be able to commit to approximately 8 hours per week
- availability must include most Sundays and some nights during the week
- adhere to The Offside Rule house style
- ability to rewrite a piece when necessary
- edit copy, ensuring correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- excellent attention to detail, fact-checking and headline writing ability
- a passion for the beautiful game
How to apply
Email us your CV (must show sub-editing experience) and a cover letter with a bit about why you’re interested in the role: email@example.com
Posting will stay open until filled. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a subbing test.
NOTE: This is a volunteer position for someone looking to build sub-editing experience to a professional level.