10 of the best football stories of the day:
2. Following a formal fine and warning from Newcastle United, Alan Pardew could face the sack should the FA reprimand him with a severe ban.
3. Liverpool owner John Henry admits that Arsenal triggered a buy out clause in Luis Suarez’s contract last summer, but dismissed it’s significance.
4. Former England winger John Barnes today dismissed claims by Sol Campbell that he would have been national captain for more than ten years.
5. Stoke boss Tony Pulis calls diving a ‘disease’ and insists he will fine Jerome Thomas and Marouane Chamakh for diving in their draw against Swansea City.
6. Olympiakos forward Michael Olaitan is in a stable condition following his collapse during the first half of a 3-0 defeat to Panathinaikos. The Athens derby also saw the Panathinaikos manager hit by an object. (BBC)
7. Following his ban on all male comedy panel shows, BBC director Danny Cohen is set to break up the Hansen-Shearer affair with more ‘diverse’ pundits. (Digital Spy)
8. TV blooper time…Pellegrini’s emotions were plain to see after Manchester City won their first trophy of the season, as he admits he enjoys the pressure of managing Manchester ‘United’…(Mirror)
9. Manchester United legends Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville scout local club Salford FC as they prepare to launch a takeover bid. (Daily Mail)
Today’s Offside Daily was brought to you by Shafi Musaddique