10 of the best football stories of the day:
2. Manchester United manager David Moyes has sent a letter to all season ticket holders thanking them for their support this during a ‘difficult’ season.
3. With many saying that the FA cup has lost its magic, Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough has admitted that this weekends FA cup quarter final is more important than league points.
4. Tottenham will hope to end their Stamford Bridge hoodoo this weekend as they face Chelsea . Spurs haven’t won at Chelsea in the league since 1990.
5. Alan Pardew has accepted a FA charge following his apparent head-butt on midfielder David Meyler last week.
6. Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung has been jailed for six years following his money laundering trial which took place in Hong Kong. (Daily Mail)
7. A Wolves fan has been left bitterly disappointed after receiving a team shirt with an upside down logo on it. The club responded to the fan’s complaint by sending him a letter which was also upside down. (Telegraph)
8. Diego Costa played his first game for Spain midweek against Italy, almost a year after taking part in his Brazil debut against Italy. (Guardian)
9. Celtic striker Anthony Stokes has been charged with attacking an Elvis impersonator in a Dublin nightclub. (Telegraph)
10. Adults watching youth matches in Lancashire this weekend are being urged not to shout or directly communicate with players, referees or coaches. The FA hopes this week’s Silent Weekend initiative will change attitudes and behaviour in grassroots football. (Bolton News)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Michael Williams.