10 of the best football stories of the day:
1. Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has been ruled out for at least two weeks following a hamstring injury picked up during his sides 1-1 draw away to Bayern Munich.
2. Tottenham have been given a boost following the news that Younes Kaboul’s red card against Chelsea last weekend has been rescinded following the clubs appeal.
3. Southampton have today named Canadian Ralph Krueger as their new club chairman following the departure of Nicola Cortese in January.
4. Torquay’s Joss Labadie has been handed a 10-match ban following a FA charge of violent conduct after biting an opponent.
5. UEFA today confirmed they have opened disciplinary proceedings against Bayern Munich after supporters branded a homophobic banner targeting Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil during their Champions league tie.
6. The world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt, has revealed he would not turn down a sensational call up from the Jamaican football team if they requested the services of the sprinter. (Daily Mail)
7. The bitter feud between Arjen Robben and Arsene Wenger continued after Wenger described Robben “as a very good diver.” The Holland winger responded by saying “he expects more from Wenger.” (Football 365)
8. A West Ham chant towards Rio Ferdinand has topped a poll for the ‘wittiest’ football chants. Bobby Zamora and Alan Shearer also featured high on the list. (Mirror)
9. Despite 300k a week, Wayne Rooney has admitted that he is finding this season tough, particularly with rivals Manchester City and Liverpool doing so well….poor old Wayne. (Football 365)
10. Sheffield United ‘keeper Mark Howard is now up to 602 minutes without conceding a goal, and looks to keep that record going until the FA Cup semi Final at Wembley. (Daily Mail)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Michael Williams.