10 of the best football stories of the day:
1. Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie has insisted he is happy at Old Trafford and would like to extend his stay at the club.
2. Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has launched a scathing attack on Benfica coach Jorge Jesus, stating he ‘lacks class,’ after Spurs 3-1 defeat to the Portuguese side.
3. Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge and West Ham manager Sam Allardyce have won the February player and manager of the month awards respectively.
4. Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has thanked owner Mike Ashley for not sacking him over the David Meyler ‘headbutt’ incident.
5. Bayern Munich may be without a president as prison bound Uli Hoeness is set to resign from his position with the club.
6. Check out this truly brilliant goal from Ecuadorian U16 Fabiano Tello against Peru. (Youtube)
7. A Zimbabwean prophet has launched a $1.5 million legal claim against a South African sports broadcaster, after it claimed he had predicted that Liverpool would win this season’s English Premier League. (New Zimbabwe)
8. Chichester City Ladies beat Brighton Women 3-0 in thick, thick fog in the Sussex County Cup Final last night. Just look at the pictures on the club website. (Seagulls.co.uk)
9. The Government has approved a new 20,000 seater stadium for Brentford Football club. (BBC News)
10. Watch Newcastle United youngster Olivier Kemen re-create the ‘hand of god’ goal in the clubs FA Youth Cup Quarter Final defeat to Chelsea. (Mirror)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick