10 of the best football stories of the day:
1) Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has signed a new contract with the European Champions until 2017. The former Chelsea midfielder is looking forward to many successful years with the German side: “I look forward to the coming years – and many titles with Bayern.”
2) Olympiakos goalkeeper Roy Carroll has admitted he is shocked by the demise of Manchester United this season. The Red Devils head into the 2nd leg this evening trailing 2-0 and Carroll admitted he hasn’t seen a United team like this before.
3) Cristiano Ronaldo has equalled the great Ferenc Puskas’ record of 242 goals for Real Madrid following his brace during the clubs 3-1 victory over Schalke on Tuesday evening.
4) Brendan Rodgers has warned Liverpool that spending big will not guarantee success. Liverpool are currently in the title race but Rodgers has warned they may not be spending big in the summer.
5) Holland manager Louis Van Gaal has confirmed that he would like to manage in the English Premier League next season. The Dutch boss is rumoured to be Tottenham’s preferred choice to take over from Tim Sherwood in the summer.
6) Nine players and coaches from Alcoy FC and Sacred Heart School-Ateneo de Cebu were slapped with a six-month ban for their part in the bloody brawl that ensued in an under-18 football match in Cebu City last weekend. (Inquirer)
7) Nicklas Bendtner is hoping for a 100% pay increase at his next club to take his weekly wage up to a staggering £140,000 per week. (Metro)
8) Tesco has taken a shot at David Moyes, suggesting he would not be a suitable candidate for a job with them in a twitter conversation. (Metro)
9) Manchester United’s Shinji Kagawa had his birthday celebrations this week, but celebrated it with a bizarre photo of his cake with the Japanese crest on it. (Bleacher Report)
10) Hereford United are facing another serious financial crisis which could force the club into administration. (BBC Sport)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Michael Williams.