10 of the best football stories of the day:
1) Despite yet another home defeat, David Moyes refused to blame his players: “I am the one who picks the team,” Moyes said. “I take responsibility and always will do. It is disappointing.”
2) Everton manager Roberto Martinez has tipped midfielder Ross Barkley for a World Cup place following his stunning solo goal during their sides 3-0 victory over Newcastle United on Tuesday evening.
3) Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes had launched an attack on Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, claiming he hasn’t improved since bursting on the scene as a 17-year-old.
4) Manchester United’s ‘Chosen One’ banner had to be guarded by stewards last night as some supporters launched a backlash towards David Moyes following their derby defeat.
5) Nottingham Forest are set to interview both Glenn Hoddle and Gianfranco Zola for their vacant manager position following the sacking of Billy Davies.
6) Wayne Rooney’s goal of the season contender might not even be goal of the week after a stunning strike in the Australia A-League by Melbourne Heart’s Orlando Engelaar. (Daily Mail)
7) Whatever Peter Schmeichel could do, so can his son, as Kasper Schmeichel scored a dramatic injury time equaliser for Leicester against Yeovil Town to draw 1-1 on Tuesday night. (Western Gazette)
8) Arsenal fans got into a heated argument following their sides 2-2 draw against Swansea on Tuesday evening, the fans are clearly split on their views surrounding the club as the following video shows. (Youtube)
9) Four Newcastle United fans are cycling from Newcastle to Southampton to raise money for Cancer, follow their journey via @NufcCancerCycle
10) A Ten-pin bowling goal celebration delighted football fans in Estonia, check out the video. (Independent)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Michael Williams.
You can find all of Michael’s Offside Daily contributions here.