10 of the best football stories of the day:
1) Celtic have won the Scottish Premier League in emphatic style following a 5-1 win over Partick Thistle. Neil Lennon has hailed this as “undoubtedly” the best league campaign he has had as a manager.
2) Liverpool are still heavily in the title race this year, but Brendan Rodgers is still adamant that Manchester City are favourites to become Champions.
3) It seems Sam Allardyce can’t do much right with the West Ham fans at the moment. Despite their 2-1 win over Hull City, a section of Hammers fans were booing after the final whistle.
4) Manchester United’s famous ‘Class of ’92’ are looking into joining up again for a dramatic takeover of The Red Devils.
5) Leeds United look to be in a spot of trouble as their owners attempt to find the funds to pay the staff at the club.
6) Nigel Reo-Coker of the Vancouver Whitecaps has managed to get injured falling over a bike rack, causing him to miss their next match. (Metro)
7) An angry group of Manchester United fans are trying to raise money to fly an anti-Moyes banner over Old Trafford for the home game against Aston Villa. (Manchester Evening News)
8) Joey Barton has been at it again on twitter, this time forcing an apology from the parents of a random troll who suggested he would urinate in Joey’s house. (@Joey7Barton)
9) Portsmouth continue to struggle down at the depths of the football league, and now they find themselves in search of a new manager following the sacking of Richie Barker, who had been in charge for only 20 games. (BBC Sport)
10) The FA are facing a loss of £1.6 Million in public funding after failing to reverse the decline of amateurs playing football in this country (FA)
Today’s Offside Daily was brought to you by Julian Myles.
You can find all of Julian’s Offside Daily contributions here.