The Offside Daily – Manchester City stars best paid in sports, Manchester United trio in the doghouse and Arsenal duo behind the mircrophone
10 of the best football stories of the day:
1. Olivier Ground paid tribute to the Hillsborough victims by kissing his black armband after scoring during Arsenal’s 3-1 victory over West Ham.
2. Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is remaining defiant over his job; and has revealed that he will not quit despite the prospect of relegation.
3. Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck and Ashley Young were punished with additional training sessions after being photographed on a night out after their sides defeat in Munich.
4. Manchester City players are the best paid in sports, earning on average £102,653 per week.
5. Congratulations to Luton Town who have earned promotion back to the Football League from the Conference Premier.
6. Fulham players have taken on a new role by phoning supporters personally and thanking them for renewing their season tickets for next season. (Independent)
7. It has been revealed that Chelsea are paying an 18-year-old £20,000 per week despite the fact he has never played a first team match and isn’t likely to in the near future. (Daily Mail)
8. West Ham’s Joe Cole mocked Arsenal fans whilst warming up last night by pretending to lift a trophy during West Ham’s defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates. (Claret and Hugh)
9. It was like Balotelli all over again as Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp struggled to get his cup final T-shirt over his head. (Top News Today)
10. Who wants to hear Arsenal pair Per Mertesacker and Santi Cazorla try their hand at commentary? (Arsenal Youtube Channel)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Michael Williams.
You can find all of Michael’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply