10 of the best football stories of the day:
1. Mauricio Pochettino is the new manager of Tottenham, making the switch from Southampton.
2. Liverpool target Adam Lallana insists speculation over his future will not distract him from his World Cup efforts.
3. Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku scored a hat-trick in Belgium’s 5-1 World Cup warm up victory over Luxembourg.
4. Manchester City star Yaya Toure has told French press he would not rule out a move to Paris Saint Germain…’one day.’
5. Coventry City’s Women have become FA Women’s Premier League Southern Champions after a 1-0 win over Portsmouth.
6. A deaf football team who conceded 164 goals have appealed against relegation on the ground they could not hear the red’s whistle. (Mirror)
7. A convicted match-fixer claims he fixed an International game between Australia and Egypt in 2010. (Guardian)
8. England’s World Cup hotel has been been busted by Brazilian authorities for out of date food….and lack of condoms. (Metro)
9. VIDEO – Here is Serbia’s effort for worst penalty ever. (Metro)
10. Here is football’s first ‘intelligent’ ball, the Adidas Smart Ball. (Stuff)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick