10 of the best football stories of the day:
1. Former Tottenham midfielder Rafael Van Der Vaart will miss the Netherlands World Cup campaign with a calf injury.
2. The Scottish FA have been warned about a possible ‘match-fixing threat’ ahead of tonight’s friendly between Scotland and Nigeria.
3. Liverpool star Luis Suarez has told Glen Johnson he’ll be ready to face England at the World Cup.
4. The Football League is set to propose an alternative to FA Chairman Greg Dyke’s controversial ‘B Team’ idea.
5. Cardiff City have signed former Manchester United striker Federico Macheda, once thought to be a top prospect at Old Trafford.
6. Which team shares almost 1,000 international caps? It’s the Free Agent XI. (BBC Sport)
7. A programme in Scotland allows overweight football fans to train with high level football clubs. (BBC News)
8. Want to know how to play football like Cristiano Ronaldo? Grow an extra bone in your ankle. (Daily Mail)
9. VIDEO – Macedonian players react to the wrong National Anthem being played in their friendly against Cameroon. (Metro)
10. This pictures appears to show Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond get hit in the face with a football, he was actually heading it. (Independent)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick