10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer has died at the age of 85
2. Manager Gus Poyet has signed a contract extension that will see him at Sunderland until 2016.
3. Everton’s Phil Jagielka is getting irritated by calls for John Terry to come out of International retirement for the World Cup.
4. Mauro Zarate, the top goalscorer last season in Argentina, is poised to sign for West Ham when the International transfer window opens next month.
5. Arsene Wenger has come out to say that he doesn’t think there will ever be an openly gay player in the Premier League due to the intense scrutiny he’d be under.
6. Nigerian Goalkeeper Austin Ejide conceded a strange own goal in a friendly v Scotland last night. (Bleacher Report)
7. A survey has been conducted by FIFPro which shows that footballers in England believe match fixing is rare in this country. (BBC Sport)
8. A Manchester United fan is so happy with the Louis Van Gaal appointment he has made a tribute song for him. (101 Goals)
9. Tottenham went above and beyond to give Kyle Walker a celebratory doughnut on his birthday. (Daily Mail)
10. Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva isn’t a huge fan of Twitter trolls and quickly responded to a joke about him moving to Inter. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily was brought to you by Julian Myles.
You can find all of Julian’s Offside Daily contributions here.