10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Real Madrid have completed a deal thought to be around £71 million for AS Monaco forward James Rodriguez.
2. Stoke City have signed Barcelona forward Bojan, who once was called the ‘next Lionel Messi.’
3. Manchester City’s U21 side left the field after an HNK Rejeka player allegedly racially abused midfielder Seko Fofana.
4. Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers for £8.5 million.
5. German officials have question the suitability of Russia to host the 2018 World Cup.
6. A welsh football fan has climbed Mount Snowdon in just a thong after losing a bet during the World Cup. (Wales Online)
7. Leeds United Ladies FC have been forced to re-brand after Massimo Cellino pulled the plug on supporting the team. (Yorkshire Voice)
8. A football club has been given a conditional discharge for breaching health and safety laws over the death of a 12-year-old crushed by a goalpost. (BBC News)
9. Spanish second division side Cultural Leonesa have produced a kit in a tuxedo style. (Metro)
10. VIDEO – Cristiano Ronaldo stars in an abysmal anti-dandruff shampoo advert. (Metro)
And 5 transfer stories that will not go away:
1. Loic Remy – Queens Park Rangers to Liverpool – £8.5 million
2. Fabio Borini – Liverpool to Sunderland – £14 million
3. Angel Di Maria – Real Madrid to Manchester United – Undisclosed
4. Javier Manquillo – Atletico Madrid to Liverpool – Loan Deal
5. Fraser Forster – Celtic to Southampton – Undisclosed
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick