10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Manchester United are on the verge of signing Angel Di Maria, with the price tag now reported at £59.3m.
2. Mario Balotelli has completed his £16 million move to Liverpool.
3. Everton look set to complete the signing of former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o.
4. Arsenal are nervously awaiting to discover the extent of Olivier Giroud’s ankle injury amid fears it is broken.
5. Manuel Pellegrini has hailed the impact of Stevan Jovetic after the strikers brace against Liverpool helped to seal a 3-1 victory.
6. Cameroonian striker Albert Ebosse died during a game in the Algerian league after being hit by a rock thrown by his own fans. (National Post)
7. Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has been banned for eight games following his misconduct during the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup. (Guardian)
8. Tim Howard is set to release a book detailing the highs and lows of his football career and discussing his struggle with tourettes syndrome. (MLS)
9. Jurgen Klopp has claimed that Marco Reus is set for a long stay at Borussia Dortmund, despite reported interest from a host of top European clubs. (Sky Sports)
10. Thousands of West Ham United fans are set to antagonise Sheffield United fans by wearing Carlos Tevez masks for their for Capital One Cup match. (Mirror)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Tommy Early