The Offside Daily – Manchester United break 29 year record, Arsenal happy with striking options and Chelsea striker off to AC Milan?
10 of the biggest stories of the day:
1. Crystal Palace have named Neil Warnock as their new manager, his second stint at the club.
2. AC Milan are keen to sign Chelsea striker Fernando Torres on loan according to reports.
3. Arsenal are not planning to sign a new striker, even with the injury to Olivier Giroud.
4. Everton have completed the signing of Samuel Eto’o on a free transfer.
5. Manchester United have been knocked out of the League Cup in the 2nd round for the first time in 29 years.
6. An Algerian club has been banned from using it’s stadium after the death of a footballer caused by a crowd missile. (Guardian)
7. Legia Warsaw have trolled Celtic on twitter after their Champions League exit with the hashtag #footballwon. (Guardian)
8. Never mind corporate hospitality, Lewes Football Club are selling beach huts to watch their games this season. (Daily Mail)
9. A Manchester United fan has won £1,250 by accidentally betting on MK Dons to beat her club 4-0. (Metro)
10. Photoshop wins again, this time it’s Steve Bruce attending numerous weddings. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.