10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. England boss Roy Hodgson has joined Louis van Gaal in admitting that he had concerns over Luke Shaw’s fitness.
2. QPR midfielder Alejandro Faurlin looks to miss most of the season after picking his third cruciate injury in as many seasons.
3. After only 6 games in charge Dave Hockaday has been sacked by Leeds United.
4. Wolverhampton Wanderers have terminated the contract of midfielder Jamie O’Hara.
5. Football League clubs have cut agent fees by 17.7% over the last season.
6. Bafetimbi Gomis utilised the game Football Manager in his research before joining Swansea this summer (Guardian)
7. Clarke Carlisle has shown that even commentators are prone to gaffs with his idea that white rhino’s would make great goalkeepers (Metro)
8. Even Premier League managers have to answer to someone, in Neil Warnock’s case he got consent from his wife before accepting the Crystal Palace job (Daily Star)
9. Robbie Fowler has turned his attention away from football after making his first appearance on the big screen in the film One Night In Istanbul (Mirror)
10. Bored of the usual FIFA games? Well one fan has taken it into his own hands to put a hero of his on the cover (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.