The Offside Daily – Ex Newcastle United striker on guava condoms, Manchester City star suffers Arsenal twitter Q and A backlash and a ‘pitchfork’ incident in Surrey
10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. US investment company Cain Hoy is no longer in the bidding to buy Tottenham.
2. West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce fears his side could be facing a Manchester United backlash this weekend.
3. Former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan has denied murdering a Ghanaian rapper in a ritual sacrifice.
4. Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton has called Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli the ‘biggest myth in football.’
5. Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has thanked everyone for their messages of support as he fights testicular cancer.
6. An investigation has begun after an alleged ‘pitchfork’ incident in a Combined Counties league match. (Get Surrey)
7. VIDEO – Kaiserslautern’s Philipp Hofmann has produced this unbelievable miss to rival the best. (Guardian)
8. Former Newcastle United forward Faustino Asprilla is bringing out a guava flavoured condom. (Guardian)
9. Take a look at some of the questions put towards Manchester City’s Bacary Sagna in a twitter Q&A, mostly from Arsenal fans. (Metro)
10. These t-shirts were available outside White Hart Lane mocking Manchester United last night. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply