The Offside Daily – Arsenal fan arrested for red wine attack, Phil Neville on ‘true level’ Liverpool and NFL tries the Rabona kick
10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Iker Casillas has been nominated for the FIFA 2014 World XI despite an awful World Cup and playing just 12 league games.
2. England Women’s historic day ended in a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Germany in front of 45,619 at Wembley Stadium.
3. Former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen may need thigh surgery which could further delay his Barcelona debut.
4. Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has accepted all the blame for the clubs poor results.
5. Meanwhile former Manchester United and Everton defender Phil Neville believes Liverpool’s results ‘reflect their true level.’
6. One Leicester City fan is raising money for charity by asking people to take a selfie in their football kit. (Leicester Mercury)
7. The Rabona kick made an appearance in an NFL game, Caleb Sturgis performing it as an ‘onside kick.’ (Mirror)
8. An Irish punter has scooped just under 250,000 euro’s from a 1 euro bet this weekend. (Daily Record)
9. An Arsenal fan was arrested for throwing red wine at the Manchester United dugout. (Metro)
10. Not the best start for David Moyes in Spain after he split his trousers on debut. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Reblogged this on FixSports.