The Offside Daily – Arsenal’s injury blow, Newcastle United strike praises fish and chips and Messi breaks another record
10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Darren Bent has joined Brighton on loan in an effort to get more playing time.
2. Lionel Messi has broken the all-time Champions League scoring record with a hat-trick against APOEL last night.
3. Manuel Pellegrini called Sergio Aguero “one of the best in the world” after his hat-trick last night helped overcome a 10-man Bayern Munich.
4. Arsenal fear Jack Wilshere’s injury could leave him sidelined for up to 3 months, with a scan taking place today.
5. Cesc Fabregas has criticised Sergio Ramos after being accused of lacking commitment to Spain.
6. Gervinho has been caught trying to smuggle a woman back to Italy from the Ivory Coast. (Guardian)
7. Southampton footballer Victor Wanyama’s home has been burgled. (BBC News)
8. Check out this readers letter explaining why Women can’t play football. (Independent)
9. Newcastle United striker Ayoze Perez has revealed he is doing more training and eating more fish and chips to help adjust to the physicality of the English game. (The Sun)
10. Tony Bellew swapped gloves for boots after his win on Monday night, leaving with Romelu Lukaku’s boots. (Twitter)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Johnny Bland.
Follow @BackPostBlog on twitter.
Leave a Reply