10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Alan Pardew was in the crowd for Crystal Palace’s match against Aston Villa as he’s on the verge of leaving his role at Newcastle.
2. Steven Gerrard looks set to be making a move to the MLS this summer when his contract at Liverpool runs out.
3. Newcastle’s Steven Taylor will likely miss the rest of the season after rupturing his achilles tendon in the match against Burnley.
4. Clark Carlisle is ‘stable and relatively comfortable’ as he recovers from a collision with a lorry.
5. Tony Pulis gave all the team talks and instructions from the stands in West Brom’s draw with West Ham despite only take the managerial position the same day.
6. A fan has been arrested after running onto the pitch and confronting Arsene Wenger on New Years Day. (BBC Sport)
7. A conman has scammed players at West Ham out of around £30000 after selling them expensive hampers which were never delivered. (Daily Mail)
8. Lukas Podolski stormed out of training today fuelling speculation that he will leave Arsenal in January. (Mirror)
9. Louis Van Gaal’s notes reveal one player at Manchester United will be in for a telling off for a ‘Stupid free kick’. (Mirror)
10.Frank Lampard has extended his loan spell with Manchester City which has infuriated fans of New York City FC promting this poster. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.