1. A David Moyes led Real Sociedad beat Barcelona 1-0 last night in La Liga.
2. Jose Mourinho has apologised for comments towards referee Kevin Friend for not awarding a penalty which ended up leading to a Chelsea goal.
3. AFC Wimbledon’s Ade Akinfenwa believes tonight’s tie against Liverpool is bigger than the Champions League final to him.
4. Manchester United wing-backs Luke Shaw and Rafael were both injured in yesterday’s tie against Yeovil.
5. Saido Berahino says he was acting ‘professionally’ by not celebrating his four goals against Gateshead.
6. Accrington Stanley are selling tickets to their FA Cup third round tie against Manchester United, despite exiting in the second round. (BBC News)
7. Football stars including Jimmy Bullard and Robbie Keane have lost around £30 million in an investment scam. (City Wire)
8. Check out the Blyth Spartans fine list including fines for spending a penny and missing a game. (BBC Sport)
9. A Hearts fan dropped his pie whilst celebrating a goal, only to find it 20 minutes later in a persons hood in front of him. (Telegraph)
10. Jamie Carragher trolled Everton fans by suggesting Liverpool should replace Steven Gerrard with Ross Barkley. (Metro)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Moussa Sissoko – Newcastle United to Arsenal – £16 million
2. Hugo Lloris – Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid – £25 million
3. Winston Reid – West Ham United to Arsenal – £20 million
4. Ross Barkley – Everton to Manchester City – £45 million
5. Wilfried Bony – Swansea to Manchester City – £25 million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply