1. Manchester United have sacked scout Torben Aakjaer for posting offensive messages on social media.
2. Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could make a loan return to the club from LA Galaxy, ala Frank Lampard
3. Teams arriving at the Africa Cup of Nations are having to search for somewhere to sleep due to lack of hotel rooms.
4. Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has offered to loan £10m to Rangers.
5. Arsenal duo Mathieu Debuchy and Mikel Arteta are both expected to be out for three months.
6. Australia’s Tim Cahill picked out his son with a pass into the crowd whilst warming up. (Telegraph)
7. An amateur footballer is the US has scored from the halfway line with a throw in, obviously tipped in by the keeper. (Telegraph)
8. Bastien Schweinsteiger has confirmed his break up with his girlfriend by crossing out her name on his football boots. (Metro)
9. 12 years ago today Swansea City sat at the bottom of the Football League, now they selling a striker for £28m (Daily Mail)
10. Boris Johnson is back on the football field, taking part in a game at Millwall. (Daily Mail)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Lionel Messi – Barcelona to Manchester City – £480 million
2. Mats Hummels + Ilkay Gundogan – Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal – £63 million
3. Darren Fletcher – Manchester United to West Bromwich Albion – Undisclosed
4. Alexandru Maxim – Stuttgart to Swansea – £5 million
5. Marquinhos – PSG to Manchester United – £30 million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick