1. Queens Park Rangers chairmen Tony Fernandes says Harry Redknapp’s job is safe.
2. Massimo Cellino has lost his appeal against the decision to disqualify him from owning Leeds United.
3. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says failing to sign Stevn Gerrard in 2005 is his biggest transfer disappointment.
4. Arsene Wenger believes his side have answered their defensive doubts after their 2-0 win yesterday at Manchester City.
5. Former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan is suffering from malaria and may miss some of the Africa Cup of Nations.
6. It may be pre-season, but Leandro Marin is not afraid to get stuck in, this horrendous challenge is up there with the worst. (Telegraph)
7. A referee accidentally elbowed a player, breaking his nose in the Dutch Topklasse. (Mirror)
8. Arjen Robben told the media that he was bitten by a crocodile in Qatar. (Mirror)
9. Both of Scunthorpe United’s goalkeepers suffered broken arms in the first half of their 2-0 defeat to Bristol City. (Telegraph)
10. Juventus’ Paul Pogba has declared he is worth precisely £0. (Football Italia)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Callum McManaman – Wigan to West Bromwich Albion – £4 million
2. Gabriel Paulista – Villareal to Arsenal – Undisclosed
3. Rudy Gestude – Blackburn Rovers to Crystal Palace – $6 million
4. Yevhen Konoplyanka – Dnipro to Tottenham – Free (Summer)
5. Nicolás Otamendi – Valencia to Manchester United – £26.8 million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick