1. Kevin Mirallas was substituted for an injury, not because he took a penalty away from Leighton Baines and subsequently missed it says Roberto Martinez.
2. Sandy Easdale has increased his stake in Rangers as a battle for power rages on.
3. Meanwhile Rangers caretaker manager Kenny McDowell has resigned due to ‘personal reasons.’
4. Fabio Capello has not been paid since June by the Russian Football Union.
5. Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is ready to make his return from a hand injury.
6. Referee’s in Cyprus are boycotting domestic matches for a week after a house belonging to a refs mother was bombed. (BBC Sport)
7. Bookies have suffered their ‘heaviest losses on football ever’ after punter friendly results cost them £40 million. (Mirror)
8. VIDEO – Watch this Trinidad & Tobago player elbow an opponent hard in the face, then pretend to be injured. (Telegraph)
9. VIDEO – This kid does keepy-ups with unusual objects including a Rubiks cube. (Metro)
10. A Norwegian Liverpool fan has decided to call his daughter ‘YNWA.’ (Telegraph)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Kyle Naughton – Tottenham to Swansea – £5 million
2. David De Gea – Manchester United to Real Madrid – £50 million
3. Andre Schurrle – Chelsea to Wolfsburg – £23-30 million
4. Gerard Pique – Barcelona to Manchester United – £15 million
5. Fabien Delph – Aston Villa to Liverpool – £8 million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply