1. Newcastle United have appointed John Carver as Head Coach until the end of the season.
2. Brendan Rodgers insists Mario Balotelli will get more opportunities at Liverpool
3. West Brom ‘keeper Ben Foster has described the Tony Pulis training regime as brutal.
4. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes his side are now favourites to lift the FA Cup.
5. Cambridge United will spend their FA Cup windfall on improving their stadiums toilets.
6. Standard Liege fans face a five-year ban after unveiling a banner that depicts a former player being decapitated. (BBC Sport)
7. In reply, said former player, Steven Defour, got sent off in the game for kicking the ball intentionally at the crowd. (Telegraph)
8. Check out Dani Alves’ new trainers…….they are something all right. (Metro)
9. Phil Neville has defended the claim he would have ‘two-footed’ Tomas Rosicky had he ‘no look passed’ in training. (Metro)
10. Fans of Polish side Zawisza Bydgoszcz put coffins on the pitch in response to the appalling form of the club. (Mirror)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Danny Ings – Burnley to Tottenham – £5 million
2. Nathaniel Clyne – Southampton to Manchester United – Undisclosed
3. Memphis Depay – PSV to Manchester United – £15 million
4. Orjan Nyland – Molde to Everton – £5.5 million
5. Douglas Costa – Shakhtar Donetsk to Chelsea – Undisclosed
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply