1. A Thai consortium led by businessman Dejphon Chansiri has taken over at Sheffield Wednesday.
2. BBC has retained the rights to show Premier League highlights for the next three years.
3. Jordan Mutch has joined Crystal Palace from Queens Park Rangers.
4. Real Madrid are set to rename their stadium to the Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu.
5. Mali and Guinea drew all three group games in the Africa Cup of Nations 1-1, meaning a drawing of lots will decide who advances.
6. Aberdeen fans have hired a nightclub to have a pre Scottish League Cup Semi Final party. (Telegraph)
7. Former Inter Milan striker Diego Milito tricked a team-mate with this classic spoon prank. (Mirror)
8. Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan got away with just a yellow for throwing his boot at a linesman. (Mirror)
9. Manchester United season ticket holders will be forced to buy an FA Cup replay ticket or face a one game suspension. (Telegraph)
10. Some top BBC pundits are facing a tax bill of around £4.5 million. (Times)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Bafetimbi Gomis – Swansea to West Ham United – £8 million
2. Emmanuel Adebayor – Tottenham to PSG – Loan
3. Rudy Gestede – Blackburn Rovers to Swansea – £6 million
4. Ruben Neves – Portoto Liverpool – £29 million
5. Scott Sinclair – Manchester City to Aston Villa – Undisclosed
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick
You can find all of Stuart’s Offside Daily contributions here.
Leave a Reply