10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Rangers board members have stated that they have no say in picking the team.
2. After crowd trouble interrupted their semi-final against Equatorial Guinea, Ghana have reached the final of the Africa Cup of Nations.
3. Wilfried Bony has replaced Steven Jovetic in Manchester City’s Champions League squad.
4. Alexis Sanchez will miss this weekends match against Tottenham due to a hamstring problem.
5. Jay Rodriguez may well miss the rest of this season, as he still struggles to overcome last seasons knee injury.
6. Crystal Palace’s new non-league signing Keshi Anderson will be in their squad this weekend against Leicester. (BBC Sport)
7. Plans for a statue of Newcastle legend Alan Shearer outside of St. James’ Park could be back on. (Evening Chronicle)
8. Dietmar Hamann believes Danny Murphy was inspired by Bruce Forsyth over his choice of coat for the Bolton v Liverpool FA Cup replay. (Twitter)
9. After getting the all clear from testicular cancer, Jonas Gutierrez has been raising awareness for the disease on social media. (Instagram)
10. David Moyes is enjoying his life in Spain so far but he does have one issue, the manager is struggling to find a good cup of tea. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.