1. Tim Sherwood has described taking the Aston Villa job as a ‘no brainer.’
2. Louis Van Gaal has placed a high priority on a midfielder coming in during the summer.
3. Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has brushed off the criticism of supporters as Sunderland lost to Bradford City in the FA Cup.
4. Lionel Messi equalled the record for most La Liga hat-tricks at 23, joining Cristiano Ronaldo, in Barcelona’s 5-0 win over Levante.
5. Wigan Athletic defender Juan Carlos has been diagnosed with a form of Leukaemia.
6. Former Football Manager wonderkid Freddy Adu is now a nightclub promoter at aged 25. (Telegraph)
7. AC Milan’s Alessio Cerci was adjudged to have given away free-kick when an opponent kicked the ball into his own face. (Mirror)
8. A Cambridgeshire man has earned himself £170,000 on a £1 accumulator. (Wisbech Standard)
9. Many viewers chose to listen to commentators from Blue Peter rather than Robbie Savage during the Aston Villa/Leicester City cup tie. (Telegraph)
10. Who wants to see a Brazilian linesman throwing some shapes mid-game? (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick