10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Preston boss Simon Grayson has defended Wayne Rooney saying he ‘did not dive’ to win a penalty.
2. Tim Sherwood has described himself as a ‘headmaster’ as he takes charge at Aston Villa.
3. A High Court judge has ruled Tottenham Hotspur are liable for brain damage suffered by youth team player in 2006.
4. Diego Costa is back in the Chelsea squad as the club prepare for their Champions League last sixteen tie against PSG.
5. Barcelona will be allowed to buy players this summer, but will not be able to register them until January 2016.
6. A Copa Libertadores match was interrupted as tear gas was used on an empty stadium. (Telegraph)
7. 8-year-old Chelsea wonderkid Denim Nnamudi shows off some outrageous skills. (Mirror)
8. Fans took to twitter to mock Ramadel Falcao after he looked surprised to be taken off in last night FA Cup tie with Preston. (Metro)
9. Newcastle United recorded a crowd of over 11,500 to their FA Youth Cup game last night against Chelsea. (Evening Chronicle)
10. Ex-Chelsea and Everton man Samuel Eto’o has bought a house which is cursed by Tutankhamun. (Telegraph)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Stuart Dick