10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Paul Merson has stoked up his conflict with Andros Townsend after the England man was dropped for Spurs’ draw at Burnley.
2. Juan Mata has stated Manchester United have ‘6 cup finals remaining,’ in a rather clichéd manner.
3. The Football conference is to be renamed the National League from next season.
4. Wayne Rooney says it is ‘annoying’ when fans sing his name in the street.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo scored five at the weekend, and surpassed the goals total of 9 premier league teams.
6. Piers Morgan has questioned Michael Owen’s commentary style. (Mirror)
7. Liverpool’s heavy defeat at Arsenal gets the WWE commentary treatment. (Metro)
8. Iker Casillas gives a young fan injured by wayward shot his shirt at half time. (Mirror)
9. Chelsea shirts with ‘Bale 9’ on the back are for sale in Brazil. (Metro)
10. A non league player attempts a Panenka style penalty, it goes horribly wrong. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Chris Horricks.