10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Harry Kane has been nominated for PFA Player of the Year alongside Diego Costa, Eden Hazard, David De Gea, Phillipe Coutinho and Alexis Sanchez.
2. Manchester United have had floodlights installed at their training ground so they can train in the evenings.
3. Greg Dyke has reiterated his belief that football requires a version of the NFL’s Rooney Rule.
4. Swansea City manager Garry Monk has denied speculation linking him with a move away from the club.
5. Sepp Blatter has been compared to Jesus, Nelson Mandela and Winston Churchill by 10 CONCAFAF countries who gave their backing to the FIFA President.
6. A study by Kick It Out has revealed that Chelsea are the most abused team on social media. (BBC Sport)
7. Arsenal and Manchester United fans are trying to hijack Liverpool’s Player of the Year vote by voting online for Mario Balotelli. (Eurosport)
8. David Luiz’s Mother has said she will always love him regardless of how he plays after a horror show against Barcelona. (Independent)
9. Brazilian Wellington Silva signed for Arsenal back in 2011 but has only just received a work permit that will allow him to play for the London club. (Daily Mail)
10. An Arsenal fan has found an interesting way of reusing his Fabregas shirt by editing the name to spell BFG in honour of Per Mertesacker. (Metro)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.
Find more of Julian’s Offside Rule contributions here.