The Offside Daily – Manchester City to swoop for Sterling, Newcastle United fans to occupy ground and Ex-Manchester United striker wants Stevenage job
10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Manchester City preparing a £40m swoop for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling.
2. Newcastle United fans are planning to occupy Sy James’ Park after their final league game to oppose Mike Ashley.
3. Teddy Sheringham is in talks to take over as Stevenage manager.
4. The BBC will devote a whole day of programming to the FA Cup Final.
5. West Ham are targeting Werder Bremen coach Viktor Skrypnyk to replace Sam Allardyce.
6. The Italian Women’s Cup final was cancelled after an official branded the players as ‘a bunch of lesbians.’ (BBC Sport)
7. Stade Brest score the most relaxed own goal ever. (Metro)
8. A Tottenham fan rang into a radio show to berate Raheem Sterling….while his wife was giving birth. (Mirror)
9. Ajax youth team players celebrate like Cristiano Ronaldo. (Metro)
10.The FA spell Middlesbrough incorrectly on Play Off Final tickets. (Mirror)
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Chris Horricks.
Leave a Reply