10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Sepp Blatter has resigned as FIFA president amidst an FBI investigation.
2. Burnley are hopeful boss Sean Dyche will stay at Turf Moor despite being linked to the Sunderland job.
3. Brendan Rodgers will remain as Liverpool manager following a meeting with the Anfield board.
4. Juventus ‘keeper Gianluigi Buffon says Lionel Messi is ‘an extra-terrestrial playing with humans.’
5. Nigel Adkins has been appointed as Sheffield United manager.
6. ‘We was robbed;’ Fans of Paraguayan club Olimpia stole trophies from local rivals Guarani’s club house during riots. (BBC Sport)
7. Macclesfield Town have bid to host 2026 World Cup. (Metro)
8. Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez came to the aid of a crying woman who was being heavily handled by the police. (Mirror)
9. Hamburg striker Pierre Michel Lasogga has his bum massaged during a relegation play-off. (Metro)
10. WHOkas Podolski Wants To Be A Millionaire? (Mirror)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. David De Gea – Manchester United to Real Madrid – £30 million
2. Isco – Real Madrid to Manchester City – £23 million
3. Gonzalo Higuin – Napoli to Chelsea – £30 million
4. Arturo Vidal – Juventus to Arsenal – £28.4 million
5. Nathaniel Clyne – Southampton to Liverpool – £15 million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Chris Horricks.