10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Dick Advocaat has performed a U-turn and re-signed as Sunderland manager.
2. FIFA paid the FIA to stop them from pursuing legal action after Thierry Henry’s infamous handball.
3. Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign James Milner on a free transfer.
4. Transfer Deadline Day will finish early this year to give Champions League clubs enough time to pick their squads.
5. Steve McLaren looks set to be appointed as Newcastle United’s new Head Coach.
6. Juventus has promised a ticket to the Champions League final to a fan that is walking from Turin to Berlin. (BBC Sport)
7. Barcelona legend Xavi has had a fruitful career and here he is with all his trophies. (Twitter)
8. Mario Balotelli is still playing in the offseason, but this time on the beach. (Daily Mail)
9. Team Aguero v Team David Villa… Its Manchester City v New York City in Tennis Football. (MCFC)
10. A prankster has dressed up as Daniel Sturridge to get phone numbers from girls. (Metro)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Raheem Sterling – Liverpool to Man United – Undisclosed
2. Radamel Falcao – Monaco to Chelsea – Loan
3. Paul Pogba – Juventus to Barcelona – £70 million
4. Andrea Pirlo – Juventus to New York City FC – Free Transfer
5. Dani Alves – Barcelona to Man United – Free Transfer
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.
Find more of Julian’s Offside Rule contributions here.