10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Hertha Berlin’s team bus was shot at by an armed motorcyclist as they travelled the day before their German Cup first round.
2. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits he was about to substitute Philippe Coutinho before the Brazilian scored the winner at Stoke.
3. Brazil and Barcelona star Neymar could miss the start of the La Liga season after being diagnosed with mumps.
4. Manuel Pellegrini says Raheem Sterling ‘doesn’t deserve’ the criticism he’s received following his £49m move to The Etihad Stadium.
5. West Ham boss Slaven Bilic claims Reece Oxford wouldn’t be fazed by playing against Lionel Messi after the 16 year old’s debut in a 2-0 win at Arsenal.
6. …one Hammers fan marked the win by getting a tattoo on his bum following a Twitter bet. (Mirror)
7. Franco di Santo puts spider down team mate Leroy Sane’s back celebrating Shalke’s 5-0 win. (Metro)
8. Kasabian inspire Leicester City’s 4-2 win over Sunderland. (BBC)
9. Bastian Schweinseiger plans to take Manchester United squad on an Oktoberfest trip. (Metro)
10. Behold, 2015/16 seasons 11 worst kits in world football. (Mirror)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Joey Barton – Queens Park Rangers to West Ham United – Undisclosed
2. Lucas Silva – Real Madrid to Arsenal – Undisclosed
3. Xherdan Shaqiri – Inter Milan to Stoke City – £15m
4. Keita Balde – Lazio to Liverpool – £15m
5. Pedro – Barcelona to Manchester United – £23m
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Chris Horricks.