10 of the biggest football stories of the day:
1. Manchester United’s David De Gea says is not eager to play at the club at present.
2. Leighton Baines looks set to be out for 3 months following his injury in the first game of the season.
3. Norwich manager Alex Neil has suggested that players don’t find the prospect of moving to the club attractive.
4. Jose Mourinho has stood by his criticism on Chelsea’s medical staff in a press conference.
5. Aston Villa have signed Adema Traore from Barcelona for £7 Million.
6. The magic of the FA Cup is set to start again for this season with a team named after Cadbury chocolate look to make it beyond the first preliminary round for the first time. (BBC Sport)
7. Ex-Liverpool player Jimmy Carter has been inundated with goodwill messages on Twitter from people thinking he was the former US President. (Twitter)
8. Arda Turan pulled a John Terry by celebrating with his Barcelona team-mate after they won the European Super Cup. (Metro)
9. This Cristiano Ronaldo fan has got five tattoo’s of the Real Madrid player on his back. (Mirror)
10. Hartlepool seemed keen to find out their next Capital One opponents that they called Leeds and Doncaster ‘selfish’ for going into extra time. (Twitter)
5 Transfer Rumours that won’t go away:
1. Charlie Austin – QPR to Newcastle – £15 Million
2. Lucas Leiva – Liverpool to Juventus – Undisclosed
3. Javier Hernandez – Man United to West Ham – £12 Million
4. Alexander Buttner – Dynamo Moscow to Everton – Undisclosed
5. Gokhan Inler – Napoli to Leicester City – £3 Million
Today’s Offside Daily is brought to you by Julian Myles.