Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day
1. Chelsea centre-back Kurt Zouma has told beIN Sports that he and his teammates are very proud to have a player like Diego Costa on their team, but acknowledged the striker’s more controversial side by stating: ‘Everyone knows Diego and this guy likes to cheat a lot and put the opponent out of the game.’
2. UEFA have denied the findings of a newspaper investigation which allegedly shows that the taking of performance enhancing drugs is at a ‘significant level’.
3. Aberdeen continued their perfect start to the season, recording their 8th consecutive league win with a 3-1 victory at Hearts, to maintain their five point lead at the top of the SPFL.
4. Former West Ham United striker Carlton Cole will train with Scottish Champions Celtic this week, with a view to the 31-year-old free agent completing a move to the Glasgow club in the near future.
5. Lucien Favre has resigned as the coach of Borussia Monchengladbach, after his team failed to garner a single point from the opening five games of the Bundesliga season.
6. Forget the Aldridge Shuffle, Juventus’ Paul Pogba has shown us the way forward with the way he took this penalty! (YouTube)
7. Peterborough United’s England youth international, Jermain Anderson, was sent off over the weekend for throwing a plastic bottle into the stand (Peterborough Today).
8. The German newspaper Bild scored a dramatic own goal recently, after football fans opposed a campaign they’d been running to welcome refuges into the country (TheLocal.de).
9. Arsenal fans have launched a petition to stop Mike Dean ever officiating another Gunners game after he sent off two of their players in their defeat against Chelsea over the weekend (The Metro)
10. Southampton’s Italian striker, Graziano Pelle, produced a Rugby World Cup themed celebration after scoring the first of his brace against Manchester United on Sunday (The Daily Mirror)
You can follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!