1. 10 fans were arrested for offences, including criminal damage, after violent scenes in the away end, following the North London Derby in the Capital One Cup
2. LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena says the MLS is the ‘best place’ for former England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard to develop his skills.
3. Southampton manager Ronald Koeman says striker Gaston Ramirez is part of his plans again after a bust up which resulted in 13 months without a Saints game for the Uruguayan.
4. The Channel Island’s only football club has been forced to pull out of their league as there aren’t enough players registered in their squad.
5. Motherwell owner Les Hutchinson says some of the club’s players ‘should hang their heads in shame’ after the sacking of manager Ian Baraclough.
6. Brentford’s Alan Judge, dubbed the Irish Messi during his spell at Notts County has compared favourably to Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (Get West London).
7. Ice Hockey Legend Wayne Gretzky was presented with an almost personalised Spurs shirt, only the White Heart Lane club made a bit of a gaffe with it (CBC).
8. Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has pledged he will house and feed a refugee family for two years (The Guardian).
9. Crystal Palace defender Brede Hangeland had to find a different way home after his side’s League Cup tie with Charlton (Bleacher Report).
10. Liverpool have come under criticism since beating League 2 Carlisle on penalties, but that didn’t seem to bother them given the manner of their celebrations (The Daily Mirror).