Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day
1. Despite initial optimism following an injury sustained by Lionel Messi over the weekend against Las Palmas, the Argentina and Barcelona superstar’s brother has said that, despite the pressure there is for Messi to recover quickly, ‘he doesn’t know whether or not he’ll be involved in El Clasico’ on November 22nd.
2. Former FIFA Executive Committee Member and President of CONCACAF Jack Warner has been banned from football for life by FIFA’s ethics committee, after being arrested following charges of wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering.
3. Victor Valdes’ relationship with Manchester United Manager Louis van Gaal looks to have deteriorated further as reports have emerged detailing that the goalkeeper has been forced to stay away from the club’s training ground when the first team report for training.
4. The Volkswagen emissions scandal is set to have it’s impact in the football world, as Bundesliga club Wolfsburg are owned by the car manufacturers and, given they are in line for a huge fine following their discrepancies, it is unclear how this might impact the German club.
5. Bournemouth’s injury crisis looks set to deepen as striker Callum Wilson is set for a six-month injury layoff after tests confirmed a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
6. A Liverpool loanee has had his loan move from Brendan Rodger’s club to Swindon cancelled after he paid a £50 fine in a very unusual way (The Daily Mail).
7. Wayne Rooney has revealed how he proposed to his wife Coleen – take note guys! (The MEN)
8. If you’ve ever seen a more beautiful goal than this one scored by the Iranian Women’s national football team, let us know in the comments section below! (YouTube)
9. Forget the Yellow Wall, forget Tifos, look at this fan choreography before the Copenhagen Derby between Brondby and FC Copenhagen (The Daily Mirror).
10. A Brazilian referee took drastic action when debating over a sending off in a Brazilian league game. Might we see this in the Premier League soon? Hopefully not (The Bleacher Report)
You can follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!