Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has thrown some serious plaudits in the direction of Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, saying Cristiano Ronaldo would never have had the career he has done if it wasn’t for the role the Englishman played in his development.
2. Despite losing the first game of the group 2-1 to PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United Manager Louis van Gaal is adamant that it is realistic that his side could win the Champions League this season because he ‘did it everywhere’.
3. Jose Mourinho rued Chelsea’s defending from set pieces, blaming two ‘ridiculous mistakes’ for Chelsea’s defeat against FC Porto, but was otherwise satisfied with his team’s performance.
4. Barcelona star Neymar has hit out at supporters who whistled and jeered his side during the 2-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League last night.
5. Celtic Striker Leigh Griffiths has been given a two-match ban and fined £25,000 after he admitted to singing an offence chant about former Hearts player Rudi Skacel.
6. Robert Lewandowski’s wife has taken to Instagram to humorously label his goal-scoring exploits as boring, as well as joking about what she gives him for breakfast in the morning (Instagram).
7. No Pirlo, no party? That statement looks pretty apt given what the Italian maestro has been up to in New York this week (SportJoe).
8. Manchester United and Chelsea fans have been voted the ugliest in the Premier League according to a new study by Match.com (The Metro).
9. Talk about all-inclusive, Hamburg have gone all out to make sure they haven’t missed anyone out of their latest squad photo (ESPN).
10. One player in the Danish league couldn’t wait to get to the pub after the game having scored a last-minute winner, so he got started early in a pretty interesting fashion (WhoAteAllThePies.com)