Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Campaign group Women In Football have described The FA’s decision to clear Jose Mourinho of any wrong doing over the treatment of former Chelsea medic Eva Carniero as ‘another example of The FA failing to tackle discrimination’.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice in a 2-0 win for Real Madrid against Malmo and in doing so equalled the all-time club goal scoring record held by Raul of 323 for the Bernabeu giants, taking his career total to a staggering 501.
3. Former Hull City midfielder turned media personality Jimmy Bullard says Liverpool should have used the fee £75m they received for Luis Suarez to sign Barcelona and Brazil star Neymar.
4. Former Borrusia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has reportedly turned down an approach from the Mexican FA to become their new national team coach.
5. Following their 2-1 Champions League win over Wolfsburg, Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal said some of his players performances are ‘suffering’ and ‘tired’ as a result of The Red Devils playing 6 games in 18 days.
6. Wolfburg supremo Dieter Hecking has described Chris Smalling’s winner for United in less than favourable terms, sounds like a case of sauerkraut grapes (The Daily Record).
7. David Beckham has backed former club AC Milan to win The Champions League, despite the Italian club not being in the tournament (The Telegraph).
8. Forget Hoddle and Waddle with Diamond Lights, Reading’s new club song could be the most cringe-inducing football tune ever (GigWise).
9. Sao Paulo players were accompanied to the pitch by dogs ahead of their league game against Palmeiras (Bleacher Report).
10. Following a below par week, presenting seven things that are better than Premier League teams in Europe (The Daily Mirror)
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!