Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. After being hailed for giving the best opening press conference since Jose Mourinho back in 2004, the self-proclaimed ‘Normal One’, Jurgen Klopp, has outlined his ambitions for Liverpool to win the Premier League title within four years.
2. Sunderland have turned their attentions towards Sam Allardyce, the man who has never been relegated from the Premier League as a manager, as the manager to save them from the drop this season.
3. Bayern Munich wonder-kid Mario Gotze has been ruled out for up to 12 weeks after rupturing an abductor muscle in Germany’s 1-0 defeat to The Republic of Ireland yesterday.
4. Suspended FIFA President Sepp Blatter has filed an official appeal against the 90-day suspension he was slapped with by FIFA’s Ethics Committee, objecting to ‘brusque and unfair treatment.’
5. Barcelona legend Xavi has told Eurosport that he believes Louis van Gaal is an underrated manager and that he will bring trophies to the Old Trafford club in the near future.
6. In a bizarre twist, Scotland’s fans have blamed one of their youngest members’ desperate attempts to get a selfie with Robert Lewandowski for the team’s draw with Poland, saying the boy’s pitch invasion caused the added time that the Pole managed to score his team’s equaliser in (The Daily Record).
7. A manager from the Finnish top flight has been sacked after it was revealed that he skipped his duties of managing his team in a crucial match, to provide punditry on last weekend’s Super Sunday action in a Finnish TV studio (ESPN).
8. Borussia Dortmund paid fitting tribute to their former manager, Jurgen Klopp, as his move to Anfield was confirmed last night with this Beatles-themed meme (The Independent).
9. Jan Vertonghen still gets dropped off at national team training by his mother in a Toyota, it has emerged, but the reason why is quite touching (The Metro).
10. It’s a classic game, some might call it simple, but check out this Argentine youth team’s effort at the bin challenge – pretty impressive, I think you’ll agree (Bleacher Report).