Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. New Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce has admitted he enjoys provoking a reaction from his ‘arrogant’ Arsenal counterpart, Arsene Wenger, in a new autobiography being serialised by The Sun.
2. Former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse has been taken into custody over an alleged blackmail attempt against former Marseille team-mate Mathieu Valbuena, according to reports.
3. Roy Hodgson said he was ‘proud’ after watching his England team make certain of their 100% Euro 2016 qualification record with a 3-0 success in Lithuania, thanks to goals from Ross Barkley, Harry Kane and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
4. Dutch coach Danny Blind has confirmed reports that Memphis Depay and Robin Van Persie were involved in a training ground altercation before their game with Kazakhstan on Saturday.
5. Former Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has admitted he was disheartened after being overlooked for the Manchester United captaincy by Sir Alex Ferguson.
6. The Force is Strong with the Special One – Jose Mourinho looks like he rushed from the set of the new Star Wars film after being spotted in the crowd for the match between Spain and Ukraine (The Independent).
7. Diego Costa showed his humorous side at a Chelsea signing session, refusing to sign a fan’s Oscar shirt and instead signing his shoes (Eurosport).
8. Robert Lewandowski has thanked fans for creating a very cool tribute to the Bayern Munich and Poland goal machine (Bleacher Report).
9. Have you ever seen a stranger – if slightly hilarious – introduction to Instagram than this one from Iker Casillas’ girlfriend? (Joe.co.uk)
10. A Slovakian team had to deal with quite a significant distraction at one of their matches earlier in the week … I can sense the ‘training’ puns being thought of by you guys already! (ESPN)
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!