Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Manchester City and Argentina striker Sergio Aguero has said he could miss the next seven games for his club after he suffered a hamstring injury while on international duty.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo has made it known that his intention is to retire at Real Madrid, while hinting at a recent awards ceremony that he could continue to play for the club for another six years.
3. Unsurprisingly, Sweden’s enigmatic superstar Zlatan Ibrahimivoic has come out and stated that it is unthinkable for him to see a European Championship tournament go by without him playing in it.
4. Wales manager Chris Coleman has said that his side wont fear anyone going into Decembers Euro 2016 finals draw but has said he’d rather avoid the other home nations for the sake of variety.
5. Midfielder Lucas Leiva has revealed that new Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp wants his side to be intense and aggressive, having completed his first training sessions with the new manager this week.
6. Oh the irony … Barcelona’s Luis Suarez has been quoted by Spanish Newspaper AS saying that Barcelona just ‘don’t have the same bite as last season’ I wonder if that was intentional? (The Independent).
7. Adebayo Akinfenwa of AFC Wimbledon responded brilliantly recently to a question asking him if he’d ever play for MK Dons, saying he would if the club built one of these at his house … (The Daily Mirror).
8. How do you stop Alexis Sanchez? Double up on him? Glue yourself to him? Stop people passing to him? Apparently in Peru they think using tortoises will help? (The Telegraph).
9. As if his performances in midfield for Wales in this Euro 2016 qualifying campaign haven’t earned him enough plaudits, Joe Ledley’s dance skills are now catching the eye too! (Wales Online)
10. We hear Amir Khan is looking for a new opponent to fight – perhaps he could try these guys that got into a mass brawl at a Brazilian Under-20s match (YouTube).
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!