Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has revealed all in a stunning interview with a French sports newspaper, saying that although everyone thinks he is happy he is actually sick of football.
2. Ex-Tottenham defender Ramon Vega is considering standing for election to replace Sepp Blatter as FIFA President. Former Swiss international Vega describes himself as coming to the roll ‘without baggage’ and insists he has ‘substantial experience from both football and finance’.
3. In light of the sacking of Uwe Rosler, Leeds United’s chairman has said he sacked the 46-year-old because he ‘wanted them to play heavy rock football but instead it was like country music.’
4. Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera believes teammate Wayne Rooney is the best English footballer ever, adding that the captain has been hugely influential on and off the pitch in recent months.
5. Striker Karim Benzema has said he laughed about rumours linking him with moves abroad from Real Madrid over the summer, saying that Real Madrid and Barcelona are the ‘pinnacle of football’ and he has no reason to leave.
6. A Manchester stock exchange building, being renovated by Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs, has been occupied by homeless activists, sparking the duo to allow the homeless to stay there over Christmas before building work begins (The Guardian).
7. Kevin Grosskreutz has warned Liverpool’s players – probably too late if you saw what happened to Jordan Ibe after the Tottenham game on Saturday – to expect a certain brand of motivational affection from new boss, Jurgen Klopp (ESPN).
8. When you’re injured and the stretcher is brought on to get you off the pitch, it’s never a good feeling. Imagine if you’re dropped once or twice on the way off the pitch like this guy was in the Greek second division (Bleacher Report).
9. Must have been the Hannover of God: Leon Andreasen scores with the most blatant hand ball since Maradona to clinch a 1-0 win for Hannover in their Bundesliga clash against Cologne (The Daily Mail).
10. A hit and miss few days for Cristiano Ronaldo, having missed out on a cameo in the new Martin Scorsese film, his new boots should cheer him up a bit (The Daily Mirror).
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!