Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Aidy Ward, Raheem Sterling’s agent, has claimed that the England winger would never have left Liverpool to join Manchester City if Jurgen Klopp had replaced Brendan Rodgers sooner.
2. With the FIFA Executive Committee confirming that the presidential election will be held on February 26th as originally planned, UEFA President Michel Platini could find himself unable to put himself forward as a candidate if his suspension isn’t lifted by Monday.
3. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has put the pundits on alert recently by warning them that it would be brave of them to criticise his managerial record.
4. Former Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has denied ever having any contact with Liverpool about filling their vacant manager’s position following Brendan Rodger’s departure.
5. Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski believes defeat for their Champions League opponents Arsenal in tonight’s clash will end the London club’s Champions League hopes for another season.
6. For those of you out there who are Chelsea fans and are impressed or encouraged by the amount of young players you have out on loan to gain experience, it’s safe to say that Juventus have wiped the floor with you here. 58 players on loan!? (The Daily Mirror)
7. Imagine the excitement when you track down one of the best players in the world for an interview on the streets of Madrid? Gareth Bale doesn’t have time for that though, as he gives this journalist the most awkward interview ever (Wales Online).
8. Every football fan wants to see Radamel Falcao busting the net again getting twenty or thirty goals a season, but his grandma has figured out the reason why it isn’t happening (ESPN).
9. A Manchester United fan has sparked outrage by charging £20 to show fans to the nearest pub to Old Trafford on matchdays. Surely though you’d chance finding a pub on your own rather than paying that much? (MEN)
10. And finally, to end today’s Daily on a lighter note, check out this absolute screamer by LA Galaxy’s Robbie Keane. Could he still do a job for someone in the Premier League? (Bleacher Report)
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!