Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. In light of Arsenals’ 2-0 victory over Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, Rio Ferdinand has made the claim that Pep Guardiola’s side were not ready for Frenchman Olivier Giroud after the striker opened the scoring moments after coming on as a substitute.
2. According to a report by Spanish television, Cristiano Ronaldo could leave Real Madrid because he has already had enough of manager Rafael Benitez, adding to speculation that the Portuguese superstar could leave the club in the summer.
3. Ahead of Sunday’s derby at Old Trafford, Yaya Toure has said his Manchester City side can have no excuses if they don’t win silverware this season, despite the injury suffered by star striker Sergio Aguero.
4. Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has promise Arsenal fans that they will pay a ‘good price’ for tickets in November’s Champions League fixture at the Allianz Arena, following German protests against the £64 paid for tickets in the away section yesterday.
5. Jose Mourinho’s £50,000 fine obviously hasn’t had an effect on his outbursts, as the Chelsea manager labelled Slovenian referee Damir Skomina as ‘weak and naive’ for failing to reward the Blues a penalty last night against Dynamo Kiev.
6. Since it’s Back to the Future Day, we had to get in on it here at the Offside Rule Podcast – here’s how Bacary Sagna got involved with the mischief (The Evening Standard).
7. With NFL franchises making their mark in London as part of their regular trips to play games at Wembley, Tottenham’s Jan Verthonghen had a bash at dealing with being tackled by an NFL player. Safe to say he came off worse for wear! (ESPN)
8. Fresh from making a name for himself as an impressionist with his rendition of Kermit the Frog, it turns out Bayern’s Thomas Muller is equally good at impersonating other animals too (The Daily Mirror.
9. Gerard Pique has trolled his teammate Luis Suarez in a Twitter Q&A – hands up if you want to see more banter from our game’s stars on social media! (The Sport Bible)
10. Finally, to all of you tricksters out there – see if you can emulate the latest piece of wizardry that Barcelona’s Neymar has come up with. Unbelievable tekkers! (Bleacher Report)
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!