Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Former Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has insisted that Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo will never return to Old Trafford because Louis van Gaal’s club aren’t in a position to immediately win the Champions League, or Ronaldo’s ‘holy grail’ as Ferdinand calls it.
2. According to highly-respected Belgian Football journalist Kristof Terreur, Jose Mourinho practically begged the Chelsea board not to sell Kevin De Bruyne whilst he was at the club but the Belgian felt he wouldn’t get a proper chance at the club and pushed for a move.
3. Frenchman Jerome Champagne is to make another bid for the FIFA presidency, adding that football’s governing body needs to be prevented from collapsing and that the World Cup needs to be protected.
4. Diego Costa has said he is being unfairly treated with all of the criticism he is getting, comparing his treatment to the way Luis Suarez was treated by English press but insisted that he is happy in England.
5. Spain’s head sports official has told the Spanish football federation to reveal all of the details that are known regarding the allegations surrounding an assistant referee who has been told to favour Real Madrid in next month’s Clasico against Barcelona.
6. The line-ups have been announced for the UNICEF charity match at Old Trafford in November – I think we’ll have a pretty special game on our hands here (UNICEF UK).
7. Sergio Aguero has his work cut out if these guys are going to be his replacements for the Manchester Derby on Sunday (Twitter).
8. When rolling the ball into an empty net seems too easy, see if you can emulate this Danish kid’s insane rabona effort (The Copenhagen Post).
9. Whether or not Mario Balotelli enjoyed his time at Manchester City, who knows, but he still enjoys winding their biggest rivals up evidenced by his latest Instagram post (Instagram).
10. Assuming you’ve seen the line-ups for the UNICEF match in the link above, check out how Ronaldinho is getting into shape for the big occasion (The Daily Mirror).