The Offside Daily: Defiant Mourinho says Chelsea won’t fire him, Liverpool striker’s commitment questioned and a crazy levitating celebration!
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Jose Mourinho has said he can sleep well every night and feels his general situation is ‘fantastic’ amidst growing talk that the Chelsea boss is heading for the sack after a poor run of results since the start of the season.
2. Sepp Blatter has revealed there was an agreement in place for the 2018 World Cup to go to Russia before the vote even took place, comments that are sure to spark further controversy over the World Cup bidding process.
3. Ex-Liverpool star David Fairclough has questioned Daniel Sturridge’s ‘attitude and desire’ at Liverpool, despite the fact that the England man has been injured throughout the entirety of Jurgen Klopp’s tenure so far.
4. Arsenal have incurred the wrath of football fitness expert Raymond Verheijen again after Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have suffered injuries again, asking ‘How many times do patterns have to repeat before the football world wakes up and stops denying the clear facts?’
5. Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino will appeal against his latest Football League ban after being banned for the second time earlier this month for breaching the Football League’s rules following a conviction for tax evasion this year.
6. Who knew Mario Balotelli had an affectionate side – the 25-year-old appears desperate to be reunited with a former teammate at AC Milan (The Sport Review).
7. Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic … the Swedish superstar has bought himself a rather unusual property (Eurosport).
8. Never promise to do something on the internet, especially when that promise is riding on the result of a football match, as this Sheffield United fan found out last night (Bleacher Report).
9. Kaizer Chiefs stopper Itumeleng Khune won man of the match as his side clinched a 1-0 victory and the keeper himself pulled off this amazing bit of acrobatic skill (Sport24).
10. And finally, we’re finishing with a bit of magic today – quite literally – with this crazy celebration from Venezuela (Daily Mail)!
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!
Leave a Reply