The Offside Daily: Ballon d’Or winner set for United return, FA to consult lawyers regarding Blatter’s Russia comments and Zidane gets nutmegged!
Only the news you need – bringing you five mainstream and five off-the-wall news stories each day!
1. Yet another spin for the Cristiano Ronaldo rumour roulette, as his good friend and former teammate Jose Semedo has stated his belief that the Portuguese Superstar will finish his career in England.
2. The FA is to consult its lawyers following Sepp Blatter’s stunning comments yesterday that there was an agreement fixed for the World Cup to go to Russia in 2018 before the actual vote had even taken place.
3. In a hearing a Bournemouth magistrates court, former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne has pleaded guilty to harassment of his former girlfriend Amanda Thomas and assaulting a photographer.
4. After his former side crashed out of the Capital One Cup last night, Paul Scholes has come out in criticism of Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United, saying he ‘would not enjoy’ playing in the side at the moment.
5. Loic Remy insists Jose Mourinho has the backing of the entire Chelsea squad as they prepare to host Liverpool this weekend in what appears to be a make-or-break game for the Portuguese manager.
6. After completing two ‘dream moves’ in the space of 12 months, a certain Argentine has said how he never wanted to leave Real Madrid in the first place – guess who (Joe.co.uk).
7. We know some of our readers like to check out this feature after they’ve emerged from London’s tube network, but were you lucky enough to have your journey on the underground narrated by some Premier League stars today? (ESPN)
8. It turns out that Mourinho’s side didn’t just lose to West Ham over the weekend, the manager himself lost a bet with one of The Hammers’ mascots – wonder if he paid up? (The Independent)
9. If you ever need a line for Tinder, apparently Wayne Rooney’s old tweets will suffice … Or not (UniLad).
10. And finally, some tekkers here from James Rodriguez as he gets a nutmeg on Zidane … Enzo Zidane, that is! (Breathe Sport)
Follow our writer, Chris Horricks, on Twitter here!
Leave a Reply